Treasure House Young Professionals Board membership nominations are now open!
We’ll be selecting 12-15 young professionals who are passionate about supporting the work of Treasure House through raising awareness, friend raising, fundraising and volunteerism.
Please see details about joining the TH YPB below and apply at the link below.
Membership nominations will close on Monday, October 21, 2019.
The Young Professionals Board will support Treasure House’s work in providing a supportive living environment where young adults with cognitive and developmental disabilities can participate in their community, achieve independence, and realize their purpose. The Young Professionals Board members serve with the same innovation and relationship building skills that helped establish Treasure House by being advocates in the community, fundraisers, and volunteers.
The Young Professionals Board is open to professionals at least 21 years old and no older than 40 years old who commit to:
• Attend Quarterly Board Meetings
• Support 2 special events per year through planning, attendance, or donations
• Provide an annual gift to Treasure House based upon your individual giving level
• Serve on one of the four Young Professional Board Committees
• Agree to follow the Treasure House Young Professionals Code of Ethics
Young Professional Board Committees
• Executive: Made up of the chair, vice chair, secretary, and treasurer. Responsible for coordinating the quarterly board meeting and overseeing the committees.
• Membership: Oversee all aspects of the application review of prospective new members and conduct orientation. Responsible for identifying potential young professional board members and encouraging their involvement with Treasure House.
• Special Events: Plan and execute annual Young Professional fundraising events to meet board fundraising goals. Oversee logistics, event sponsorship, ticket sales, etc. for planned fundraising events. Collaborate with community partners who host fundraisers on behalf of Treasure House.
• Publicity: Advertise and market all events and engage community through social networking. Collaborate with Treasure House CEO and marketing consultant.
• Learn about non-profit board membership from experienced board members
• Gain leadership development skills
• Understand board governance of a non-profit organization
• Make an important contribution to the community by helping Treasure House residents achieve their dreams
• Networking with other young professionals with the same goals for individual growth and giving back to the community.
Young Professionals interested in joining the board should complete an application to be reviewed by the Membership Committee. Membership will be reviewed annually, but applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Young Professionals can get involved with a committee before committing to board membership.
Apply to be a part of the Treasure House Young Professionals board by clicking HERE.